Sunday 17 January 2010

Collection 100... Rational

Product and packaging: I want the product to be more of a keepsake item. A collectable. Something which brings back memories and attempts to inspire. I think a lot of people know where their local parks are - they just don't visit them. By showing how they have inspired me... hopefully this will inspire them.

Who is the Audience and how do you intend to engage them?

This is a really hard question for my specific subject of Parks as, obviously parks are really for everyone who can get outside. I possibly want to aim it more towards those who have become more fearful of parks - those who no longer attend them regularly, so as to help them to see the positives still surrounding parks and how they can, infact, be quite inspiring.

I hope to produce something which captures what the heart of a park is. It is a place for everyone, a place to relax, excersize, for families and the older generation. Somehow capture this through memories.

What is the Function of the product?
Document and Entertain. I want this product to be quite light hearted, not something which instructs. To Entertain I am hoping to document attributes of parks.

How will the audience interact with the product?
I am actually considering making some flip books and a set of paper crafted objects from parks, (taking the park to the audience)all of which the audience can interact with. I am also considering illustration with natural materials, so as to explain the idea that in a park you become a part of it. You feel so much more free and open minded.

2 comments:

  1. from seeing your design direction, it looks like you've really engaged with the audience and the book looks visually right and engaging for children. There are lots of dif parts with the other flip books though, how do these fit in with the childrens flip book? i hope you get all 10 parks photographed in time although you are very organised and have planned your time well this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! I like the way you are making a kids book and adult book for the park. I think the flip book will work really well and will have nice hand-crafted qualities. The idea of using leaf shapes for kids to compare against leaves they have found in the park will be really nice too.

    ReplyDelete