Monday 10 May 2010

Communication is a Virus - feedback.

We placed all our work around the studio for people to interact with and give feedback.
Here are some comments that returned to us:-
I like the use of colour and style, this seems as though it would appeal to the 11-16 audience you were focusing on.
Great use of space- using the back for origami. this also links with the idea of getting rid of boredom.
I really love the illustration on the flyer and how that then corresponds to the website.
I think it works to an extent but you need more information on your website and you need to work out how to distribute this.

Looking at this project overall it is clear that there are places where we could improve and have done a little extra work. I think as a pair we worked really well and the work load was spread between us quite equally although I think I felt I may have let Rob down with my lack of knowledge on photoshop and so was unable to help as much as needed with the website although we both did talk through the layout etc. I have learnt for next time that it is important to consider HOW to distribute the product. With this point we fell short. Although the website did have an e invite the flyer did not have packaging or a mailing list. This is again something I should have researched into more.
Over all I think the final designs look appealing to the target audience and the concept as a whole does work and is appropriate.
Considering our brief was to get people to try something new I do feel that we answered that in advertising new activities to do when bored. Trying something to fill the time that you have not done before.
In this project as a whole I feel I have learnt a lot about time management , especially as we were in pairs, this is more important as the other person may be let down by your lack of organisation. Also I feel I improved on my layout skills. In creating the flyer we looked into a variation of layouts and I realised I am quite a perfectionist when it comes down to it. Possibly doing a few thumb nails before hand would speed up the process and also would show proof of the decision making within that.


No comments:

Post a Comment