Saturday 8 January 2011

Enterprise and Innovation - TASK 3

Considering my current position in the Graphic design market it would be very difficult for me to stand out from all the other contenders out there. Though someone has got to come out on top. I think to start with my main focus would be getting in contact with various studio's regarding visiting and/or placements within their companies. Getting to know exactly what they do and how they work would be hugely beneficial in eventually finding a job there. Being passionate and knowing your stuff is vital when it comes to talking with potential clients. Business cards and a website – with simple layout of online portfolio seem to go without saying when it comes to promoting yourself. I would need a business card which related directly to me and shows that I would suit the company I am wanting to work for. Considering a previous example in task 2 of the company oxfam, I doubt they would be as interested in my business card as they were in my passion for the charity and what I can bring to them that is different. I think a company like that needs you to be able to do a bit of everything so the portfolio I put forward to them would need to consist of an variation of media within projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment