Friday 7 January 2011

Enterprise TASK 1 - Who am I? Who are they?

After looking further into who needs Graphic design and where it is I feel a little more confused as to where I should be based.

Currently I feel I would prefer to work within a company who deals with more than just Graphic Design. For instance within a charity designing their leaflets, mail shots and advertising or within a studio where I can work on a variety of products/projects rather than being focussed on one specific area of Graphic design eg. Web design. Saying this I have recently found a company who design cards and wrapping and this really excited me so there is no doubt that my ideas may change. Still this involved a range a products and variation of design.

Considering this I would need to be willing to listen to what the client wanted, work to a brief and within a deadline. I feel I have been able to prove this through my work so far at university. Of course there is always an importance to know and be able to work independently on the correct design software (illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects). My knowledge of these programmes is still growing but I feel I am becoming a lot more confident using them to their full potential. This is something I will continue to work hard to progress in as knowing and using the right software correctly can have a huge impact on work.

The client would need me to be able to know the demographic and understand their needs. Through various research processes I would have the knowledge then to create something specifically beneficial for that audience. Again this is something developed through my course and a very important part of creating something suitable. I feel also that the more work I produce now the more I seem to learn about target audience and demographic by looking into existing works in the industry and how others have catered for the needs of their target audience, what has/hasn't worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment